Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm A Racing Car Passing By Like Lady Godiva

Random updates:

I went to Mapinhane this weekend and went baked goods crazy with my friend Laurie. We made carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. And ate the rest of the cream cheese with homemade bagels (blueberry, sesame seed, cinnamon raisin). All without electricity and running water - go team Martha Stewart (and a happy-day-after-your-birthday shout-out to Laurie).

School was randomly shortened by two weeks. I could have dealt with this had I known at the beginning of the semester - but as of Thursday, instead of having 4 weeks left to teach a couple of lessons and give 3 tests, I now have 2 weeks. Awesome.

In case it is unclear, that awesome was written with as much sarcasm as possible.

Also, I taught my English students how to properly use the word awkward. I will consider my time here a great success if they manage to incorporate awkward into their everyday language. Like they currently use holla, busy, job, nice, etc. Life goal = to make "awkward" happen in Moz (a la "fetch" in Mean Girls).

No comments:

Post a Comment